Sirkus Magenta works towards an equal and communal world. We promote the social inclusion and well-being of children, youth and families. We empower people in difficult situations and bring them joy.
Sirkus Magenta is a nonprofit, nonreligious and nonpolitical social circus association based in Helsinki, Finland. We use circus as a tool to promote mental and physical well-being, social inclusion, equality and involvement. We reach 8000–9000 people annually through social circus, hobby groups, corporate events, performances and workshops. We are known for organizing fun and relaxed, yet highly professional circus activities.
In social circus the participants learn important life skills such as self-esteem, teamwork, interaction and trust through juggling, acrobatics, hula hoop, balancing, clowning and performing. We work with special needs children, suburban youth, the disabled, the elderly, refugees and families at risk of social exclusion. All social circus activities are free of charge for target groups. Examples of our work:
- hobby groups for kids and youth in suburbs
- family circus in child welfare centers
- a circus club for LGBTQIA+ youth
- creating a circus and theatre performance with the disabled
- establishing a circus school in Zaatari refugee camp with Finn Church Aid (2013-2020)
“[In circus] I learned a lot about myself and my group.
It relaxes me and I forget my problems.”
Circus as a hobby
Sirkus Magenta offers nearly 30 hobby groups all around Helsinki:
- Adults: handstand, pair acrobatics and aerial acrobatics on different levels
- Family circus: babies, toddlers and children up to 9 years
Circus events, workshops and performances
Sirkus Magenta organizes workshops, training, events and performances for public, private and corporate clients. Our professional trainers and performers bring the magic of circus to:
- corporate events: team-building, work well-being, family days
- training professionals, e.g. special education teachers, social workers and youth-workers on how to use circus as a tool in their work
- workshops on different circus techniques
- bachelor and bachelorette parties, birthdays
- private and public events
“In addition to being fun, well organised and driven by enthusiastic and energetic professionals, it really served as an eye opener. We, as individuals and teams all have untapped potential that can be expressed by going beyond our traditional boundaries.”
Social circus, private and corporate events, workshops, performances
Ringmaster, Director, Circus trainer
+358 44 074 5525 (Mon–Fri at 10–17)
Treasurer, Hobby coordinator, Circus trainer
+358 50 539 8265
Office magician, Producer
We provide creative and inspiring circus activities for all, regardless of physical and mental condition, age, gender, background and social status. We work actively against exclusion, racism and sexism.
We bring the joy of circus wherever it’s needed. We approach difficult issues through play, humour and positive experiences.
We promote the well-being of people of all ages through circus. We use art as a tool to strengthen physical and mental health. We support physicality and healthy lifestyle.
We advance communality and inclusion through circus. Working together, helping each other, openness and trust are in the core of our activities.